Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hand Held Portable Skate Sharpeners

Hand-held Skate Sharpeners

I usually get my skates sharpened about every 5 or 6 times I play hockey. After about my fourth time out I will usually touch up my skate blades with a sharpening stone, which is basically just a flat file. This takes off the burrs but doesn't really sharpen the blades all that much.

A company called Revol Hockey makes a great portable hand-held skate sharpener called the Raptor.

The Raptor uses ultra hard ceramics that renew your edges by straightening the small burr that was created by using your skates. This produces a new sharp skate edge in much the same way as self-sharpening knives. All you need is two strokes down your blade to sharpen your skates.


Related stories:

Goalie Skate Sharpening

Flat Bottom V - Hockey Skate Sharpening

No comments:

Post a Comment